Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Meet the Teacher Monday!

I talked and thought about it forever, after years of stalking many of my favorite teacher bloggers, I have finally made the plunge!

My name is Sarilyn and I am a blogger. 



That's me and my wonderful papa. We are BIG Detroit Tiger's baseball fans. The only thing that takes up more time in my life than teaching, family and friends is baseball. 

I am a 32 year old (yikes!) wife and puppy mama. My dear hubby and I have been married for almost 7 years, but I always say that I want credit for the 10 we were together before we got married. Yep, do that math... I'll give you a second.... the answer is 15. I was 15 when we were started dating, lol... I always say, I found a good one early and couldn't let him go! He is my high school sweetheart for sure!



My puppy is 4 years old. So, yeah, he's not a puppy. He is my hubby's hunting partner and my running buddy. His name is Gus. Well, it's actually "Argus Floppy Squigglebottoms the 1st". I'm not kidding. I put it on his AKC registration. :)

I love teaching AND learning. I teach kindergarten and have for the past 4 years. Before that I worked with third through fifth graders as an intervention tutor. But my kinders are my heart. I adore their spirit, their love, their zest for learning. They aren't jaded yet, I can get them excited about anything. I mean ANYTHING!

"Guess what? We are going to clean tables today!!!"
"YAY!!!""

Often in my classroom you may hear us cheering loudly about any number of things that I want to ensure their excitement for, "YAY MATH!!!" (That one is my favorite.)

The one thing I can't live without in my classroom? Technology. I know this is true as my Smartboard took a nosedive at the end of the school year. It was painful. Smartboards, iPod touches, iPads, computer labs... I really want to explore more project based learning this year, using technology. I have seen so many neat ideas that I have been waiting to PIN and try.

Yeah, I am a Pinterest addict, as well. Check it out! (The link is on the right.) I apologize ahead of time, there is quite a bit on there, but I try and keep it organized at least. It has been getting away from me a little this summer though...

So that is me. I hope to use this to share what we are doing in the classroom, materials that I have created or found, and my overall love of teaching. Feel free to introduce yourself, I'm always happy to make new friends!

:) Sarilyn


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com